Home  photo spacer.gif About Jess  photo spacer.gif Beauty Profile

August 27, 2013

Tag time: Beauty Blogger Tag


This week has been a little crazy around my place! Hot water systems bursting - not fun let me tell you. Today's post is going to be the Beauty Blogger tag :)

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair is naturally straight, frizzy, fine and there isn't a hell of a lot of it! It is manageable though with a little product and so long as it is washed regularly otherwise it tends to fall very flat.

2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
My hair is dyed at a salon. I've been going to the same hairdresser for... about 6 years now. She is great at knowing exactly what i mean when I'm trying to describe what i want. The best part - when i say i only want to take off a tiny bit at the ends, she actually listens! 
 
3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
During the week i do have a habit of waking up and just doing the same thing over and over which is a sock bun. It's easy, quick and looks professional with minimal effort which is a-okay in my books when I'm getting up and leaving the house every day by 7.30am. I'm not a morning person! I will, on weekends when i have more time, do more with my hair. Usually that will be something along the lines of straighten/curl/rollers. 
 
4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I pretty much always do my own mani/pedi's because.. well i have an addiction to nail polish. I can't can't stop myself from buying it and given how much i own i can't justify not using it regularly or going to a salon instead. Plus.. it feels good to do it myself.  
 
5. How often do you change your nail polish?
Very regularly! I'd say every 2-3 days when i have the time (or I'm not sleeping which happens a lot). I can't stand chipping and i find it relaxing to do my nails so i do it often. 

6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
I wear it on my toes all year round. I often put a colour that would be considered summery like a fluro or bright colour on my toes in winter and it makes me feel good when i see them :) 

7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
I've got my weekday work routine down to a fine art (because i keep hitting the snooze button more and more..). I'd say i can do it in 5 minutes or so when i need to. That's full face and simple eye makeup. When i go all out or have more time I'd say on average maybe 20-30 minutes.  
 
8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I do my face first pretty much all the time. If I'm doing something dark with my eyes (which isn't often at all) i will do it last. Just seems like a natural progression for me to apply my skin care and then keep going with the face.  
 
9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I collect for sure! Well, actually.. technically i collected because i was overseas and it was much cheaper so i stocked up on favourites and bought more to try while i had the opportunity. Which does that count as?
 
10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Almost never! I think I'm a little lazy for that. Also the last time i did wear them i ended up with a very very infected eye. Whether that was the lash glue, the lashes or the fact that i got very very drunk and just ended up with something in my eye - not sure. I keep them for special occasions now.
 
11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
90% of the time i do. There is the occasional Saturday or Sunday where i just don't feel like doing my makeup but otherwise it's a full face. Especially for work.  
 
12. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with family?
Family and friends, yes - at home, most of the time. I like to experiment when I'm at home and don't really have any plans.
 
13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Definitely but does depend where I'm going. Do i put on makeup to go to the store at 7pm.. no. My skin doesn't bother me that much! If I'm just ducking out i won't bother. I wear makeup to look presentable in situations that call for it or just because i feel like it. If i don't feel like it and the situation doesn't call for me looking my best then no makeup it is!
 
14. How many high-end products do you have?
Actual number.. no idea. Guesstimate maybe - 15-20? I tend to pay less attention to whether or not something is considered high end or low and more about how they work for me. I'm willing to pay the extra for high end if it really works for me.  
 
15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
I'm definitely not a planner! I'm a pick-up-what's-clean-and-appropriate kind of girl.
 
16. How often do you change your handbag?
Usually i have a weekday (work) bag and then a weekend. So twice a week usually. Friday night and Sunday night. My weekday bag is larger and fits more in it so I can take a makeup bag, book etc. at the moment I am using one from Colette Hayman. My weekday bag tends to be smaller. I usually switch it up between my Michael Kors small cross body and my Rebecca Minkoff MAC bag.
 
17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
I usually go to sleep between 11pm and midnight on a good night. A bad night it's more like 1-2am. I wake up on weekdays for work at 6.00-6.30am depending on how many times i hit snooze and one weekends around 8.30am.

18. How often or when do you workout?
I try to work out twice a week but that doesn't always happen! I usually meet my housemate at the gym we go to after work on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 
 
19. Left handed or right handed?
Right.
 
20. How tall are you?
5'4"
 
21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
I can say things like hello and thank you in Thai and Hawaiian but that's about it.  
 
22. How many pets do you have?
I have one cat. My furbaby, Shakespeare (Shaker for short) is a 4 year old Russian Blue.

23. How often are you on Blogger?
Daily if you count reading other peoples blogs. On my own I'm here every second day :)

24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
I do because it's always good to hear other peoples opinions as well as the original posters.

25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Mentally i do, i try not to write them down though or i feel like i need to get them. I guess you could say it's my way of trying to limit myself! 
 
26. How did you come up with your blog name?
My speciality is Forensic Archaeology and Anthropology but i also have an interest in other forensic areas (psychology, entomology, pathology..). I know most of my posts would be about beauty though so i just melded the two together - Forensic Beauty!
 
27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
Mostly my iphone to be honest. If the lightening isn't good enough to simply use my iphone i use my Canon PowerShot SX260 HS.

28. How often do you clean your house?
I share my cleaning duties with housemates but we all basically clean up as we go. It seems to make it easier than having to do everything at once. My own room though.. that usually only gets done once a week - on the weekend. 
 
29. What's your favorite color?
Purple! Obvious? :)
 
30. Do you swear?
Occasionally I'll admit i do. More often than not when i hurt myself.  
 
31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
I'm at work so.. work! Tonight I'll work on some more blog posts hopefully (an empties video is coming up) and fingers crossed i have a new hot water system so i can take a nice long hot shower!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Hi there and welcome to my blog. My name is Jess and i am an anthropology and archaeology student. My speciality is forensic anthropology and archaeology. I love: Physical anthropology, osteology, forensic sciences, surfing, makeup and skincare, reading, television, playing games on my iphone, cooking, traveling, reading, history, pizza, a good nights sleep, hot weather...