Home  photo spacer.gif About Jess  photo spacer.gif Beauty Profile

August 16, 2013

Review: L'Oreal Shine Caresse Gloss

This review is for the L'Oreal Shine Caresse Gloss which I own in the shade 102 Romy. The gloss can be purchased from drugstores (Target, Priceline etc) for around $23.95.

I applied one thin coat to my lips when I was on the train to work this morning (which side note is always the first lip product application of my morning - is it weird i don't do it at home before i leave?). That was around 7:50am. The first application felt really nice and soft. My lips felt tacky but not really sticky.

The product smells nice but once it is on i couldn't smell it. The smell reminds me of something i can't quite put my finger on.. Rimmel Apocalips perhaps?
 
On initial application I loved it. About 30 minutes after application i decided to have an energy drink and was surprised that it didn't really leave too much gloss on the can and transferred no colour at all. (I have a friend who wears a lot of red lipstick and she always ends up with it on her chin from the can and i always worry I'll be the same but no chance with these glosses!).
 

It definitely did stain my lips. After drinking and wearing it around 40 minutes my lips were still the same colour just without the glossiness.

 
This gloss is a bit on the sheer side and if i were someone who liked more colour that simply "my lips but better" I'd be applying more than one coat to get it more opaque. I also feel like the quicker you can apply it the better because it will make it more even. It seems to stain very quickly so working faster will prevent any blotches.
 
Through out the day i reapplied this gloss two more times and i found my lips were getting drier after each time the gloss wore off. As you may be able to see from the photos they were a little dry to begin with so that's not ideal. That said - it's a stain - i half expected this would be the case. The colour didn't seem to settle into the dry lines on my lips which was surprising.
 
Over all they aren't my favourite gloss, but i don't hate it either. I wouldn't rush out and get more but i will use it up and reach for it regularly - more so in the summer when my lips are not as dry.
 

Have you tried these glosses? Or the YSL version?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Hi there and welcome to my blog. My name is Jess and i am an anthropology and archaeology student. My speciality is forensic anthropology and archaeology. I love: Physical anthropology, osteology, forensic sciences, surfing, makeup and skincare, reading, television, playing games on my iphone, cooking, traveling, reading, history, pizza, a good nights sleep, hot weather...