When i first saw this polish i picked it up because i only have one other grey which is a much lighter tone (OPI Skull & Glossbones) and because i really felt like wearing a darker grey and boy am i glad i did!
Essie's Cocktail Bling is a pale grey cream polish and it definitely tends towards the cool lavender/blue end of the grey scale that's for sure. On my skin tone i find that it shows up a little more blue than lavender.
This polish applies well, with opacity in two coats. Nothing really unusual or noteworthy about it's application. It applies much the same way as most cream polishes - not particularly streaky and reasonably opaque.
As always i applied my OPI base coat underneath and my Out the Door top coat over two coats of this polish. I was actually really impressed with how long this polish lasted. I painted my nails with this colour mid week and i didn't get my first chip until the weekend. That's a good couple of days chip free! When i did get a chip it was on my left index finger and only because I'd nibbled on the nail (not biting or chewing so much as just applying pressure between my teeth - it's a nervous habit of mine). The majority of chips appeared over the course of the weekend.
I'm actually pretty glad i bought this polish and i think it will be a colour i get a lot of wear out of. It's a subtle colour but it's different - not just the basic pink or beige subtle nail.





This nail polish looks beautiful and I think the color is very unique!
ReplyDeletehttp://allthingsglitterandbeauty.blogspot.de/
I think so too. I haven't seen many grey polishes with the lavender undertone like this one. :)
Delete