Home  photo spacer.gif About Jess  photo spacer.gif Beauty Profile

August 09, 2013

Skincare Routine

If you haven't already read my Beauty Profile, i suggest you start there before you read this post. It will make more sense :)

Unlike a lot of people, my morning routine and my night routine are pretty much the same so this will probably be a brief post!


Morning routine
  1. Clarisonic Mia & Clinique Liquid Facial Soap
  2. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel
  3. Mario Badescu Drying Cream
First step in the morning is to wash my face. To do this i use my Clarisonic and the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap. My Clarisonic is the lavender Mia with a sensitive head. The Mia is still available at Myer for $139. The Mia 2 is available at Mecca Cosmetica for $175. This is the default head that comes with the Clarisonic and i find it is the best for everyday use on my skin. I use a little (one pump) of the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap, oily skin version ($29 for 200ml). I consider this face wash my holy grail and i don't see myself swapping it for anything else any time soon.

I don't bother with a toner because i have yet to find one that does not irritate my skin (be it the alcohol or salicyclic acid). Instead i skip straight to my moisturiser. My go to is the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel ($29 for 50ml or $49 for 125ml). I find this moisturiser is great during summer but can need something a little extra in the dead of winter. That's when i'll either start swapping my moisturiser and trying something new or i will simply put the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief over the top of the DDMG.

I follow this with the Mario Badescu Drying Cream. I have reviewed this product so you can read all about it :)


Night routine
  1. Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover
  2. Clinique Wash-Away Gel Cleanser
  3. Clarisonic Mia & Clinique Liquid Facial Soap
  4. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel
  5. Mario Badescu Drying Cream
  6. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion (if required)
The only addition i add to the night time is my makeup removers and the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. 

My eye makeup remover is the Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover ($10.89 for 112ml at Priceline). This is my go to eye makeup remover because it easily removes even waterproof makeup and is gentle on my eyes (even when i have contact lenses in).

To remove my face makeup, which i do in the shower, i use the Clinique Wash-Away Gel Cleanser ($38 for 150ml). It is gentle, removes all of my face makeup and doesn't dry out my skin (especially considering i "double cleanse" essentially). As with my Liquid Facial Soap i consider this makeup remover a holy grail.

The last thing i do at night, if necessary, is the Drying Lotion which is a salicyclic acid and chamomile lotion spot treatment. I'll be doing a review on this product shortly. I find that this product both irritates and treats my acne at the same time. I have yet to find a better option so i still use it on any really bad spots.

That's it! I find that simple is better for my skin. None of these are fragrant and they are all fairly mild. Trial and error has told me that these products work the best for my skin. 

I've been using these products from 6 to 18 months. I started using the Mario Badescu products in December 2012 and the Clinique in December 2011. The Clarisonic was added in July 2012.



What are your 'holy grail, can't live without and won't change anytime soon' skin care products? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Hi there and welcome to my blog. My name is Jess and i am an anthropology and archaeology student. My speciality is forensic anthropology and archaeology. I love: Physical anthropology, osteology, forensic sciences, surfing, makeup and skincare, reading, television, playing games on my iphone, cooking, traveling, reading, history, pizza, a good nights sleep, hot weather...