I finally ordered one in Stay the Night and gave it a shot. I purchased mine for $11AUD on Brands Exclusive where they are occasionally on sale. Normally though they are available from Myer or David Jones for $19.95AUD or as part of the Mariah Carey Mini Pack for $24.95AUD.
Stay the Night is a pinky red glitter in a black base which dries to the "liquid sand" texture - matte and coarse. OPI describes it as "a textured finish infused with reflective glints of light".
Stay the Night is a pinky red glitter in a black base which dries to the "liquid sand" texture - matte and coarse. OPI describes it as "a textured finish infused with reflective glints of light".
I actually went to work (typing, page turning, picking up files, photocopying etc) and they held up very well. After a 7 hour day i had no chips and i didn't notice any black marks on paper from where my nail as rubbed. All in all, that's a win for me.
I did notice however, that the edges for my nail lost the matte textured look and became a little more smooth and shiny from rubbing against keys and paper. After one day it is not particularly noticible as you can see in the photo, but after a few days i imagine it will be obvious.
Overall i rate these as high as i would normal OPI especially given that a top coat is not applied. B+/A in my book!
Have you tried any of the OPI liquid sand polishes? Which other 'textured' polishes have you tried and loved?




oooh I'll have to see if those/anything similar is available over here because they look really cool!
ReplyDeleteYou should! :) There is another one called The Impossible which is also from the Mariah Carey collection which is a bright red base that has stars in it. I might try that next and see how it holds up.
Delete