Home  photo spacer.gif About Jess  photo spacer.gif Beauty Profile

August 18, 2013

Review: Revlon Colorstay Foundation - Oily Skin Formula

This foundation is a cult favourite. It's spoken about absolutely everywhere. If you haven't heard of it I'm assuming you are new to makeup or just been living under a rock!

It took me a long time to get around to trying this foundation because I used to use Revlon New Complexion and wasn't in love with it. After using it awhile I ended up switching to powder foundation (Nude by Nature) and that was that. However I was in America a couple of years ago and I ended up picking it up. As we Australians know - Revlon is expensive here. After settling on powder I wasn't willing to spend $35 (at Priceline) on liquid foundation I may not like. 



I use two colours - 300 Golden Beige & 320 True Beige. Because I have oily skin I obviously use the oily skin version. I do have the older packaging - it now comes with a pump which is awesome! I stocked up with about 6 bottles when I was in America last so sadly I won't have the pump anytime soon.

This foundation, as it claims, is very long lasting (24 hours though? I haven't tested that - who needs 24 hour coverage) and definitely full coverage. I find that I actually used a lot less concealer because I didn't find it was necessary. In fact a lot of the time unless I have a ridiculous pimple that is just crazy obvious I don't use concealer at all with this foundation. I do still set this with a light hand (still my Nude by Nature).

Application wise I have tried this with: traditional foundation brush, makeup sponge, fingers, dense brush. All in all I love using my fingers. Not only can I control my coverage better so that if I want it thinned out I can but also it blends better and more naturally. Just make sure your fingers are clean obviously! I use a fingertip amount (I block the opening and tip the bottle to get it on my finger) per cheek and one for my forehead. If necessary I'll use the same again on my cheeks for a little more coverage. It's not often that's necessary though. 

The thing I love about this foundation is that it doesn't break me out. That's unusual for me. My skin is pretty sensitive and liquid foundation is one of those things that breaks me out more than anything else. It also doesn't make existing breakouts worse. 

I highly recommend checking this out if you are after a full coverage, long lasting and easy to apply. I have tried Estée Lauder Double Wear and I definitely prefer the Revlon Colorstay. 


What is your favourite drugstore foundation? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Hi there and welcome to my blog. My name is Jess and i am an anthropology and archaeology student. My speciality is forensic anthropology and archaeology. I love: Physical anthropology, osteology, forensic sciences, surfing, makeup and skincare, reading, television, playing games on my iphone, cooking, traveling, reading, history, pizza, a good nights sleep, hot weather...