Home  photo spacer.gif About Jess  photo spacer.gif Beauty Profile

August 20, 2013

NOTM: Nail of the Moment - OPI An Affair in Red Square

Today's NOTM is OPI's An Affair in Red Square ($19.95 at Myer or David Jones). This polish is your classic vibrant red pearl finish. This is a polish that, from what I've seen on my friends, suits a variety skin tones. 


I actually don't have the words to describe just how much i love this colour. It is a perfect red in my opinion. I own a fair few reds - in the words of my best friend "how many reds do you really need" (a lot, duh). Okay technically if i was being completely honest i could say just this one. If i had to choose one red for the rest of my life (blasphemy!) it would be this one with I'm Not Really a Waitress as close second, though they are quite similar. (Note to self, compare the two!)

This polish applies like a dream! One coat can be enough, if you make sure it's even, but two is perfection. In the photo above I'm only wearing one coat because i was so tired i didn't want to wait and do a second coat but as you can see it's not too bad. Two coats is my usual though. I love that this is a colour that i can throw on one coat and it still looks great. I can't count the number of times I've forgotten to do my nails before going to the theatre, out for a dinner date or some other occasion that calls for nice nails and this colour has come to my rescue. 

If you don't own this colour already, what are you waiting for?!

What is your perfect red?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Hi there and welcome to my blog. My name is Jess and i am an anthropology and archaeology student. My speciality is forensic anthropology and archaeology. I love: Physical anthropology, osteology, forensic sciences, surfing, makeup and skincare, reading, television, playing games on my iphone, cooking, traveling, reading, history, pizza, a good nights sleep, hot weather...