Home  photo spacer.gif About Jess  photo spacer.gif Beauty Profile

August 24, 2013

NOTM: Revlon Colorstay Cayenne

The moment i saw this polish in the sale bin i snatched it up and had a bit of a Gollum-esque thing going on to be honest. Even my best friend who was with me wasn't getting this polish if it was the last one. I adore it!

Revlon Cayenne is a burnt orange that is more on the red side. One my skin tone as you can see it definitely tends towards the red. In person it practically looks red which i don't mind so much. The finish is a metallic shimmer which is really gorgeous. I always thought i preferred my cream polished but i am starting to think otherwise!


Performance wise this goes on opaque but a little patchy with one coat and looks fantastic once you put on a second coat. I topped it with my usual Out the Door top coat and called it a day. 

What i did notice even on the following day was that it seemed to have worn at the tips. Now i know Seche Vite used to make a lot of my nail polishes do that (shrink away from the tip essentially) but not the Out the Door so I'm not sure if that's just the polish (or maybe I've just been doing more work today). From memory my other two Revlon Colorstay polishes don't do this. 
The only other thing I'll mention is that it does, even with a top coat, leave red marks all over paper if you aren't careful. Kind of annoying if you work in an office but otherwise you may not really care.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Hi there and welcome to my blog. My name is Jess and i am an anthropology and archaeology student. My speciality is forensic anthropology and archaeology. I love: Physical anthropology, osteology, forensic sciences, surfing, makeup and skincare, reading, television, playing games on my iphone, cooking, traveling, reading, history, pizza, a good nights sleep, hot weather...