Skin
My skin is problematic. I definitely do not have the worst skin but it is very acne prone and sensitive to fragrances, salicyclic acid and oils (mineral, lanolin).
I get acne, mostly surface white heads but sometimes cystic acne. I also have large pores and oily skin. That said most of my issues are able to be covered with a medium to full coverage foundation and some concealer.
The images above are taken on a good day. I have only two actual spots and the rest is scarring.
My skin is very oily in the T zone and is combination over the rest of my face. My cheeks can get dry in winter but in summer they are oily.
Nails
The condition of my nails is one of those things that changes all the time. Sometimes, like at the moment my nails are stronger and less likely to split or peel. Other times they are constantly breaking, splitting and peeling. I've found that most nail treatments don't really help. It's a diet thing - I don't have the best diet and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I find that wearing polish most of the time actually keeps them from breaking etc and i will occasionally keep them naked for a spell to give them a breather.
My cuticles are rough to say the least. I'm not going to lie! I have a really bad habit of picking at them no matter how moisturised I keep them.
Hair
My hair is very fine and there is not a lot of it. It's fairly straight and tends to get a lot of flyaways.
My scalp, like the rest of my skin, is very oily while my ends tend to get pretty dry. I don't really heat style my hair too. I tend to be fairly lazy about styling my hair.
My hair is long and is coloured. I get highlights together with a solid colour every 8 weeks or so with a trim.
Hopefully this will help readers decided if they may have similar reactions or opinions of products as I do if they have similar hair, nail and skin issues.






I have very similar skin to you and it absolutely sucks! I think it's great you were confident enough to post pictures illustrating your skin problem. Looking forward to future posts and I wish you the greatest of luck with your blog! I've followed you too (follower number 2) ^.^
ReplyDeletewww.debrabros.blogspot.com.au
Thanks Debra, I'm following you as well :) It's kind of fun having a blog again.
DeleteWe have very similar skin. I have cystic acne too. I've been trying to fix my face so hopefully it will change soon enough... I've been trying for years though so we'll see lol.
ReplyDeletefairestsfavorites.blogspot.com
You should give the Mario Badescu Drying Cream and or Drying Lotion a go. They made a big difference (especially the Drying Cream) for my skin. :) They don't work as well on cystic acne though (as with most topical treatments).
Delete