Home  photo spacer.gif About Jess  photo spacer.gif Beauty Profile

August 14, 2013

Haul #2: Priceline


I don't know if we can tell this already but I'm a serious sucker for a sale. So yesterday when Priceline sent me an email about a 2 day sale (sale ends today - 14 August) with 3 for 2 on a few of my favourite brands i had to partake. $145 later here's what i got..

Remington 19mm curling iron - $21.99


I have very hard to curl hair and i noticed the larger the barrel the shorter the curls last so i figured I'd go all out and do ringlets and see what happens! I tried this iron out tonight and here's the result - it'll be interesting to see how it looks after sleeping on it.

Nude By Nature Mineral Powder - $39.95 each



This is my favourite powder both for setting (with a light hand) and as a foundation. I've been using it a couple of years now and i usually wait for the 3 for 2 sales before i get some more. I got it in the colours light, light/medium and medium.

L'Oreal Shine Caresse Gloss (102 Romy) - $23.95


I've seen these around and always wondered what they would be like so decided to pick one up in the sale. I haven't worn it yet but i will say it smells really good! I think people say this is a dupe for the YSL Glossy Lip Stains. I wouldn't know - i haven't owned one.

L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow (Flashback Silver) - $19.95



I was instantly drawn to this colour. It's silver for sure but to me it has a bit of a subtle purple duo tone to it that i found irresistible. I pick this (and the next eye shadow) up for that 'one color' look that makes it seem like i put in way more effort. I thought the subtle purple would look good with my green eyes. I also have the colour Permanent Kaki (i suspect the packaging is meant to say khaki).

L'Oreal Color Appeal Eye Shadow Mono (Platinum Beige) - $18.45



Again i bought this as a one-colour-all-over-effortless-but-looks-like-effort shadow. It will probably make a good inner corner highlight too i suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Hi there and welcome to my blog. My name is Jess and i am an anthropology and archaeology student. My speciality is forensic anthropology and archaeology. I love: Physical anthropology, osteology, forensic sciences, surfing, makeup and skincare, reading, television, playing games on my iphone, cooking, traveling, reading, history, pizza, a good nights sleep, hot weather...