Home  photo spacer.gif About Jess  photo spacer.gif Beauty Profile

October 30, 2013

NOTM: Nail of the Moment - OPI Peace & Love & OPI

I officially have a new favourite nail polish and I am obsessed! I could happily wear it on my nails over and over again (and I have been!). It is Peace & Love & OPI from the San Francisco collection.


Peace & Love & OPI is a green and purple duo chrome. The green is more of a dark grey-teal but can look bright green under strong light. The purple is on the pink side even looking red in low light (as you can see from my photo below what was taken in the shade). It's gorgeous!
 
The application was perfect. It went on opaque in one coat but as always I used two. It dried relatively quickly (which is typical of duo chromes i've found). Chipping is minimal even after a week at work and wear at the tips was pretty standard - just a little wearing off along the very edge of the nail. There was no marks on paper from the colour transferring if my nail is accidentally scrapped on the surface. Of course i topped my two coats of polish with a generous coat of INM Out The Door top coat which helps with chipping, wear and colour transfer.
 
 
All in all I love this polish. It has great wear, great application and is a beautiful colour. 

This colour reminds me a little of Chanel Black Pearl, which is a grey-teal shimmer, but with a purple duo chrome. You can see this in the photo below comparing the two. I haven't compared them on the nail though. I think the green in Peace & Love & OPI will be a little brighter than with Black Pearl.
 
 
Personally i think everyone should run out and get this colour!
 
What is your favourite polish that you wear repeatedly?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Hi there and welcome to my blog. My name is Jess and i am an anthropology and archaeology student. My speciality is forensic anthropology and archaeology. I love: Physical anthropology, osteology, forensic sciences, surfing, makeup and skincare, reading, television, playing games on my iphone, cooking, traveling, reading, history, pizza, a good nights sleep, hot weather...