Home  photo spacer.gif About Jess  photo spacer.gif Beauty Profile

October 09, 2013

Haul #4: iHerb

Last week i saw the Real Techniques brushes in Priceline and i've been eyeing them off for quite awhile. I've been waiting for a sale but it just hasn't happened. After my housemate trying to convince me to just go ahead and them them full price i held fast and looked online instead. That's when i came across iHerb. They had them for half the price and reasonable shipping so i decided to make an order.
 
First i went for the Real Techniques brushes i had wanted. I got the Core Collection set ($44.99 at Priceline). At iHerb it cost me $17.99 USD which is around $19AUD. That's less than half price! I haven't used them yet but when i took them out of the package they were so soft. I also like the case/stand that they come with which will come in handy.
 
 
I also bought the Real Techniques Lash and Brow Groomer brush which is $14.99 at Priceline but only $5.99USD at iHerb ($6.35AUD).
 
After getting what i original went for, like any beauty addict i looked around at the rest of the products they stock. They stock a lot of natural beauty brands I'd never heard of but they also have some ELF and Physicians Formula. I ended up grabbing a couple of elf palettes.
 
First was the ELF Studio Baked Eyeshadow Palette in California which is a neutral palette. On the ELF USA website this palette retails for $10 and it was $9.99USD at iHerb. It is not available on the Australian ELF website. This palette comes with 10 domed backed shadows approximately 1cm in diameter. The quality as with all inexpensive cosmetics is a bit hit or miss. Some shades are more pigmented than others but for $10 i was happy. Applied wet, almost all of these shades these would be great. They are swatched here with no base or primer.
 

The second ELF product that i bought was another palette. This time the Little Black Beauty Book in the Warm Edition. This palette comes with 48, very small eye shadows and again, they vary in quality. I used this palette this morning and some of the shades, despite looking different in the pan, apply so similar in colour on the eye i may as well have used just one. This palette was $4.99USD from iHerb ($5.30AUD) and is also unavailable on the Australian ELF site though here are similar palettes available for $8.99AUD.


These are a selection of random colours swatched with no base or primer.

I also couldn't help but get the cult favourite Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. I've heard this raved about on YouTube for years so it's about time i tried it. This was $3.84USD ($4.10AUD) on iHerb.  

Last but not least was this contour brush from EcoTools. We can get EcoTools here in Australia (from Priceline) however i have never seen this particular brush online or instore. It seemed like the perfect brush for a more subtle everyday contour. When i opened this up and touched it i was shocked at how ridiculously soft this brush is! It is a little bigger than i expected but i still love it anyway. It was $9.97USD at iHerb ($10.60AUD).
 
 
I was really quite impressed with iHerb. Because this was my first order i got $10 off. On top of that there was 10% off orders over $60 so i saved around $16.00USD. Shipping was only $8 despite that i also got some heavier food items (snack food) and it was shipped by DHL. More impressive was that i made my order on October 2 and received it on October 8. 6 days! I'm very happy with iHerb and will definitely order again, maybe even try some of the brands i have never heard of.
 
Also if you would like $5-$10 off your first order you can visit this link. (Note this is a referral link - it is a part of their rewards program.)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Hi there and welcome to my blog. My name is Jess and i am an anthropology and archaeology student. My speciality is forensic anthropology and archaeology. I love: Physical anthropology, osteology, forensic sciences, surfing, makeup and skincare, reading, television, playing games on my iphone, cooking, traveling, reading, history, pizza, a good nights sleep, hot weather...