Home  photo spacer.gif About Jess  photo spacer.gif Beauty Profile

October 03, 2013

Review: Prestige Total Intensity Long Term Relationship eye shadow in Hocus Pocus


This is a post i really wanted to think about before posting, although I've been promising it since the day i got the eye shadow. I already knew the colour and texture was amazing but i wanted to see how it wore before writing a review for you all. 


This product is the Total Intensity Long Term Relationship Fierce Colour eye shadow in Hocus Pocus from Prestige. Wow long name! I happened across this which randomly swatching things in Priceline where it is available for $18.99. The moment i touched it i completely fell in love. 

The colour is a very reddish brown with a teal green duo chrome which shows up really really well. It reminds me of Mac's Club eye shadow but i don't own it so i can't draw a direct comparison for you.

The shadow, when you touch it, is so soft and i want to say almost creamy in texture. I definitely want to go and get a few more of these eye shadows because their texture is really great for a drugstore brand.

As you can see from the swatches to the left, it is really really pigmented. I barely touched my finger to the product!

In the first image the swatch is barely touching the product and swiping it once across my hand. Honestly, the pigmentation is phenomenal.

You may notice though, there is some fallout from this product. It is the only downside I've found for this eye shadow. Whenever i use this shadow i always do my under eye concealer after I've finished doing my eye makeup to avoid the fallout.

The second image is the same swatch from the previous image and then i swiped my hand again a second and third time without going back into the eye shadow.

Obviously, as you can see by the swatches, the duo chrome effect is lessened as you shear out the product. By the third swipe this eye shadow looks like a reddish brown with barely any green duo chrome so really it's like getting two eye shadows for the price of one!

I have been wearing this product every single day since i bought it. It really makes green eyes stand out as you can see from my photos below.

I wear this packed all over my lid with a small shader brush using a patting motion to ensure that it goes on concentrated. I then take a blending brush and blend out the edges. In the end i get a green duo chrome lid with a reddish brown crease with only one eye shadow and two brushes. You could also achieve this with one slightly fluffy shading brush.

Click for larger images

I think i'm going back for Bewitched, Crave, Addiction and Spellbound as soon as i have the disposable income! Bewitched is a taupe-silver, Crave is a gold, Addiction is an iridescent purple and Spellbound is a pink-gold.

Have you tried any of these eye shadows? What is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Hi there and welcome to my blog. My name is Jess and i am an anthropology and archaeology student. My speciality is forensic anthropology and archaeology. I love: Physical anthropology, osteology, forensic sciences, surfing, makeup and skincare, reading, television, playing games on my iphone, cooking, traveling, reading, history, pizza, a good nights sleep, hot weather...