I can't believe another month has gone by! Here is a few of my favourite things I've been grabbing for a lot this month.
Obviously i only had the same size of this mascara but i liked it. It's not the best mascara that i have ever used, and the brush takes a bit of getting used to but i liked it. Enough to buy it at $52, probably not. I'd compare the effect it has on my lashes to the Almay Get Up and Grow mascara which is one of my all time favourites. The brush has longer bristles on two sides and flat on the other. I use it by brushing up with the flat side initially to get the product on my lashes and then use the longer bristles to comb through. It can be purchased from Lancome, Myer or David Jones.
Now this one i have a feeling has been discontinued but you can buy it online from Glossi. Barely Buff is precisely what it sounds like. It's a very natural pink blush which on most people will be a very subtle colour. On my medium skin tone it only just shows up which is actually the look I've been going for lately. It may show up more on lighter or darker skin tones though. It would be perfect for those that don't like a lot of blush.
I actually included one of these in last months favourites and I'm doing it again because they are fantastic! This lip treatment blends a very hydrating balm with a decent amount of pigmentation. The Honey shade is a pinkish nude. It has no taste and a pleasant smell. They are available, in Australia, from StrawberryNet and CosmeticsNow and are worth every cent!!
L'Occitane - Shea Butter hand cream - $12-39
This has got to be the most moisturising hand cream I've ever used (and I've used a lot). It apparently has honey, coconut oil and almond extracts in it as well as the shea butter which explains why it's so creamy and works so well. Now it does have a shea butter smell which I'm not crazy about and a couple of times when I've used it on the train the person beside me wasn't crazy about it either. The one I'm using at the moment is a sample size from a gift with purchase. It is available in a 30ml tube for $12 and a 150ml tube for $39. I have a 150ml waiting to be opened and it won't be long!
Revlon - Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake - $21.95
Strawberry Shortcake looks to be a very vibrant, slightly blue toned pink in the tube but is in actual fact a more muted colour. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a pink but it's not quite as bright as it first appears, especially once you get it on the lips. As with most of the lip butters, it goes on smoothly and feels great on the lips. This one in particular is a cream finish with no glitter.
This is the most perfect nude eyeliner for the waterline to make you appear more awake. It's waterproof and stay put really well. I often have trouble with any liner i put in the waterline travelling but this one doesn't move. It's also a great shade. It's not too unnaturally bright so it makes you look more awake without looking strange. Also, the price isn't too bad!

Nude by Nature - Application Brush - $14.95
Normally when a company says you need to use their brush to get the best application it's not always true but when it come to Nude By Nature they are spot on. In fact it works brilliantly with any loose (or compact for that matter) powder. The brush is really soft and dense which gives a full coverage while blending well enough that you won't look cakey or overly powdered.
Burberry - Burberry Brit EDT - $70-105
I had always heard a lot about Burberry Brit and figured i wouldn't like it, it wouldn't be my kind of scent. Then i sniffed it while i was on holidays, found a small size at a bargain price and that was that. For the last month i have been wearing it constantly! I pretty much did the same thing for several months when i first got it too. According to Burberry its notes are as follows: Top notes of green almond, icy pear and Italian lime, middle notes of white peony and sugared almond and base notes of mahogany wood, amber and vanilla bean. Knowing the notes are both earthy vanilla and fruity i don't know why i ever thought I'd dislike it.
I was a little hesitant about dry shampoo from Lush but the No Drought is great. It will last you a long time too, unlike most of the spray can dry shampoos that feel like you use them up in a week. It also works really well. Even after i coloured my hair a little darker i still like it. I don't get a white cast to my hair unless i go a little overboard. Sure, the application isn't as easy as a spray can but the results are pretty good.

Rebecca Minkoff - Mini MAC - $195 (USD)
I had seen these bags all over YouTube and thought they looked great but wasn't sure they were worth all the hype. Then, while in Hawaii, i saw them in person and actually they are pretty and functional! It makes the perfect every day, small handbag for work. It makes me limit the amount of crap i drag around on a daily basis but is big enough to fit my Michael Kors wallet, sunglasses (in a soft case), a small perfume (currently the Burberry Brit) and other small miscellaneous things such as keys, pens, lip gloss, lip stick, etc etc. It is available from the Rebecca Minkoff website with free shipping on orders over $300 ($500 if sale items).
While i was taking the photos for this post, my Russian Blue Shakespeare decided to come and keep me company :) So bonus adorable photos!
What were your favourites for the month?












No comments:
Post a Comment