Home  photo spacer.gif About Jess  photo spacer.gif Beauty Profile

November 06, 2013

Favourites: October!

Holy cow the end of this month crept up on me! I apologise for the lateness of these favourite. I had an immediate family member pass away October 2012 so the first anniversary was rough. I can't believe it's already November! Less than 50 days til Christmas. Crazy!

ELF - Little Black Book in Warm Edition - $5.30
Favourite number 1 is a product i purchased at the start of October and i've used it every single day since! ELF's Little Black Beauty Book in the Warm Edition. This palette comes with 48, very small eye shadows and they vary in quality. For the most part though i think they are pretty good quality for the cost of the palettte. This palette was from iHerb for $5.30AUD. It it unavailable on the Australian ELF site though here are similar palettes available for $8.99AUD. I have swatched some of the shadows i've been using and that are my favourites.


Physician Formula - Conceal RX (14g) - $9.50
My favourite concealer lately is the Physicians Formula Conceal RX. I'm not sure where you can get it in Australia other than Ebay (for around $9.50), I bought my in the States earlier this year. This is a very pigmented concealer that really only needs a tiny bit to cover most blemishes. I think this is my all time favourite concealer and it beats out the Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer for me (plus, way cheaper!). The tube which is 14g and will last quite awhile! I have pretty blemished skin and only really use two (maximum) tiny little blob of this concealer. 


Wet N Wild - Color Icon Blush in Heather Silk - $9.95
The blush I've been using all month this month has been the Wet N Wild blush in Heather Silk. These blushes are phenomenal! They are highly pigmented and last all day on my skin (my Colorstay foundation may have a lot to do with this). I highly recommend these blushes because they are in expensive, highly pigmented, and you barely use any of it. They will probably last you awhile. As far as i know Wet N Wild is unavailable in any stores in Australia but you can purchase the brand from Crush Cosmetics.


Fresh - Sugar Lip Treatment in Coral - $38-42
This is the third time i've had one of these in my favourites and i'm sure you are sick of them already! I love these lip products!! This lip treatment blends a very hydrating balm with a decent amount of pigmentation. The Coral shade is as described - coral. It has no taste and a pleasant smell. This particular shade does include SPF. They are available, in Australia, from StrawberryNet and CosmeticsNow and are worth every cent!!





Avon - Ultra Luxury eye liner in Black - $6
I'm not one that usually wears eyeliner I'll admit. In fact I own a bunch and never ever wear them but for some reason I pulled this one out and started lining my upper lash line with a thin line 3/4 of the way across. While this isn't the best eyeliner ever (doesn't last long in the water line) it definitely lasts all day long and doesn't transfer to my lid/crease (without being set with eye shadow), which is good considering I have hooded eyes. I've read that other people have issues with the staying power so maybe I'm just lucky. The thing about this liner is that it applies really smoothly and when sharpened can give me a very very thin line. As I said, I have hooded eyes so I don't have a lot of lid space to work with and therefore like to keep my line as thin as I can and this eye liner makes it easy. 

INM Out the Door top coat (15ml)/OPI Peace & Love & OPI (15ml)- $7/$20
These two together are a favourite for me this month. I've already done a full post on the OPI polish (which i adore and have been wearing pretty much straight since i got it) so i won't go on about it anymore. How beautiful is it though! The top coat on the other hand i will rave about. I bought this as a substitute for Seche Vite which i was getting annoyed with because of shrinking. It's not quite as shinyas Seche Vite (INM does sell a "wet look" top coat that i haven't tried, but will soon) but it dries just as fast and lasts longer in my opinion! I get my Out the Door top coat from the ebay store Niko Beauty. It seems to be the cheapest to Australia for a single 15ml bottle. You can also get the 120ml bottle for $30.45 from ebay (which is the equivilant of 8 bottles or $3.80 per 15ml) or the 75ml bottle for $26.33 (equivilant of 5 bottles or $5.27 per 15ml). I think i will get the 120ml next and see how long it lasts before i use it all up or it dries up.

Batiste - Dry shampoo in Medium & Brunette (200ml) - $12.95
Again, this is another favourite i've already talked about in my multi brand dry shampoo review. I love this dry shampoo and as soon as i have used up all my others, i will start exclusively using this. It's volumising, it actually soaks up a decent amount of oily and the effect lasts all day. LOVE! If you haven't tried Batiste dry shampoo you should. It comes in a variety of scents/formulas. I have tried the Blush one before but wasn't crazy about the scent. Take a look though - you'll probably find something you like!


Real Techniques - Core Collection - $19
This brush is one from the Real Techniques Core Collection set ($44.99 at Priceline). The set comes with 4 brushes and so far i have really only been using two - the Buffing Brush and the Contour Brush. I adore both but the buffing brush is my favourite! It is absolutely perfect for my powder and reminds me a lot of the Nude by Nature brush that i've raved about before only with a longer, thinner handle (which i kind of like more). I think i'm going to invest in the Expert Face Brush as well for my Chanel cream bronzer because so far Real Techniques brushes are a win.



Moleskine - Limited Edition 12 Months Peanuts Weekly Notebook Planner (Large) - $24
My last favourite is not makeup related and is probably a little geeky.. but it's my 2013 Peanuts Moleksine diary. How cute!  My favourite thing about this time of the year is that i can pick out next years diary! They also released Lego, Mickey Mouse, Le Petite Prince, The Hobbit, Star Wars and one for the 50th anniversary of the Audit Cassette but two years in a row i went for Peanuts. For 2014 I went for a slightly smaller (though fatter) Moleskine - the purple 12 month Daily Planner in the smaller size (9cm x 14cm) as opposed to the one from this year which was a little larger (13cm x 21cm). I would have gone Peanuts again but the 2014 version has a white cover and i will trash it way too quickly! You can see the Peanuts Collection (along with the others) at the Moleskine website. I usually purchase mine from Book Depository though because it is much cheaper ($24 vs $37 for this years limited edition Peanuts diary).

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Hi there and welcome to my blog. My name is Jess and i am an anthropology and archaeology student. My speciality is forensic anthropology and archaeology. I love: Physical anthropology, osteology, forensic sciences, surfing, makeup and skincare, reading, television, playing games on my iphone, cooking, traveling, reading, history, pizza, a good nights sleep, hot weather...