Home  photo spacer.gif About Jess  photo spacer.gif Beauty Profile

September 15, 2013

Sample Sunday! #2: Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer

I am currently trying out two Estee Lauder samples - the Double Wear Foundation and Concealer. This Sunday's sample review is of the concealer. I'm still iffy about the foundation so i think I'll give it a bit longer before i review it (probably next Sunday).


The Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer claims to be a long lasting, light, non drying concealer that stays in place for 15 hours without creasing. It's meant to be really easy to blend, transfer resistant and is oil free as well as water, perspiration and humidity resistant. That's some pretty big claims and for the most part i would say it covers the bases.

Let's break it down:

1) Staying Power: Long lasting, 15 hour, Crease free, Transfer and Water Resistant
Absolutely agree! I can put this concealer on and as long as i don't touch my face through out the day it doesn't budge a bit. From the time i put my makeup on in the morning til the time i get home from work is around 12 hours and I've found it lasts that amount of time easily. Last night for example, i put my makeup on at 6:30 am and didn't get home til 10.30pm (16 hours later) and it hadn't moved at all.

I found that provided i didn't use too much (which is easy to do) this concealer remained crease free for the full day (12 hours).

Do i think it's transfer resistant? Not really. If you touch your face with anything, it will transfer. That said I'd say it is fairly water/perspiration/humidity resistant. The weather has been warmer here now it's spring and the concealer holds up fairly well on my walk to work in the sun as well as when I've worn my makeup to the gym (i know, that's terrible).

2) Texture & Feel: Light, drying
This concealer despite being full cover is actually surprisingly light. Once it is on i don't think it looks or feels cakey at all and i don't find it drying. I use it under my eyes and on blemishes. As most people with blemish skin know, when blemishes are healing they get dry and more obvious (can't say the same for the foundation - one of my beefs with it). This concealer seems to help lessen that dry appearance.

3) Application
Estee Lauder claims this is an easy to blend concealer and i would definitely agree. It comes with a doe foot applicator which i use straight where i need it then tap over it with a finger til it blends in which is quickly and easily. Ideally i would probably do as i say not as i do and put some product on a clean hand then use a clean finger to apply it where needed. The full size product has the same packaging as the sample size.

All in all i consider this a pretty good concealer. At $33AUD though, it's a little on the expensive side and in my opinion performs the same as the Physicians Formula RX Concealer which can be found much cheaper (some Priceline stores sell Physicians Formula).

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Hi there and welcome to my blog. My name is Jess and i am an anthropology and archaeology student. My speciality is forensic anthropology and archaeology. I love: Physical anthropology, osteology, forensic sciences, surfing, makeup and skincare, reading, television, playing games on my iphone, cooking, traveling, reading, history, pizza, a good nights sleep, hot weather...