Home  photo spacer.gif About Jess  photo spacer.gif Beauty Profile

September 07, 2013

Empties! August 2013



  There is something really awesome about finishing a makeup, skin care or hair care product. Whether it is knowing that i liked something so much that i finished it or simply the satisfaction of knowing i made myself get through something i wasn't quiet so fond of.

The first thing is my Moschino Glamour perfume which i mentioned in my monthly favourites for August. I won't ramble on about it again but this smells so nice and is great for everyday. Took me about two years to get through it - although i wasn't using it exclusively. I will probably buy it again in the future. This perfume ranges from $60 to $80 in price depending on where you get it and is fairly widely available. I have the EDP and it's a strong one!



The next product i used up is my second jar of the Mario Badescu Drying Cream. I've already raved about this in multiple posts (skin care routine, it's own review and maybe another post!). The cream is designed to conceal and heal blemishes. This is a staple in my skin care. I use it morning and night, everyday without fail. It has made a big difference in the amount of acne i get.


The Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser ($3.99 at Priceline) is one of those products that i used up for the sake of using it up. I originally bought this in 2012 when i had the flu and needed something to put around my nose which was dry from blowing it. Then i sort of started using it Winter 2013 because my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel (DDMG) wasn't quite enough moisture and the Clinique DDML (lotion version) broke me out. Do i hate this? No. Do i love it? No. It's simply a basic moisturiser and cheap. This didn't break me out, hydrated my skin but that was about all. It's definitely not bad for the price.  

I can't believe i've used a full bottle of this so fast! I bought this in July 2012 and have been using Revlon Colorstay in two shades (300 & 320) mixing them as needed. Considering how little of this foundation is necessary to get decent coverage I flew through it. That shows just how much I love this foundation. I recently reviewed this if you want to know more about it. 

This is one of my all time favourite mascaras - i've got backups of backups! This one is the waterproof version which I'm not as fond of but it is still good. It really does lengthen my lashes but that's about it. It's not particularly volumising. That said I have pretty good lashes, thick and long, so a more natural mascara is actually my preference. 

This product is a sample which I've done a Sample Sunday on. You can read that here. It's definitely not something that I would ever buy. It was okay but I wasn't big on the fragrance and I suspect that it was breaking me out. 

I just keep getting sample sizes of Clinique's Moisture Surge! I don't know if they just can't sell the stuff and so they keep on giving it away instead but I swear it is in every gift with purchase I've ever seen. The Moisture Surge is not a moisturiser - it is a serum of sorts. It is designed to be used with another moisturiser. I use it to bump up the moisturisation of my Clinique DDMG. There is nothing particularly remarkable about this product though and I don't think I'd buy it. I still have a few sample jars anyway!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
Hi there and welcome to my blog. My name is Jess and i am an anthropology and archaeology student. My speciality is forensic anthropology and archaeology. I love: Physical anthropology, osteology, forensic sciences, surfing, makeup and skincare, reading, television, playing games on my iphone, cooking, traveling, reading, history, pizza, a good nights sleep, hot weather...